Theoretical Probability

Life is a sexually transmitted disease. No me no fun, KNOW me KNOW fun.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Great News!

No, no, Indian armed forces didn’t recapture POK. But good news shouldn’t always be at that big a scale. Even small things in life can bring you much happiness (yes that IS true!).

Well what I wanted to tell here was, sometime back I had this discussion with my father where he said that there are people in India who ate dogs and cats. It was really hard for me to believe that at that time. I thought that such recipes were rife only in countries like China and the likes.

So when I saw one of the cats (I might add that this cat belongs to the family of cats who were born in the vast nooks, corners, storerooms and garages of my house. In fact, I have seen atleast 8-10 generations of this feline’s "family tree" before my very eyes... so that makes them very special) being captured by some mysterious looking people from the rooftop of a house nearby. I couldn’t make out whether it was the cat which we know or some other one.

But you see, the cat had these cute little kittens (4 in number) and after that incident, I observed that these little kittens were prowling in our garden and boundary wall and looked very sad (yes I know when the animals are sad) and the absence of their mother was very conspicuous by its absence. They are so small that they dont even know how to drink the milk kept in the saucer. Dont know how they are going to survive :(.

Now I remembered the story of my father about that gross cuisines, when i was thinking about the current context of the absence of the cat. I was too depressed to even put two and two together and I hoped away from hope that it wont happen. Atleast not in my locality!

But today (in fact just now) I saw the cat return and in good health. I just couldn’t help but jump with joy and tell my mom and dad to have a look and reprimanded dad for his theory that really upset (exasperate) me so much…

But the cat was too busy to even give us any heed. She was more than busy looking at a mouse which has just ran into the drain. You see it is waiting very patiently for that mouse to come out, showing us what “concentration” really means. It looks more like a statue now (when I last checked) from the last half an hour or so. I cant help but pity that poor mouse, but you see the cat has to have her lunch too especially when it has those quite little kittens to feed :).

So anyways, folks, I am leaving for Ongole (at 6pm to be precise after an hour i.e.) for someone’s wedding whom I hardly know. God I hate attending any functions or parties. My parents insist that you should meet everybody before going for your job. Man do they think that I am going to some war from where I can never return? But well, reason before parents is like common-sense before Bush. So let's leave it at that.

And as far as my previous blog is concerned, I will complete it when I come back on 11th. Till then cio and let there be plenty of mices around the corner :).

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post Imran. I'm sure your kitten will have a feast here in the IIIT hostel.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post Imran. I'm sure your kitten will have a feast here in the IIIT hostel.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home